Why Stay With Alamo Inn B&B, Gear, & Tours?
We understand that there are many places to stay in the Lower Rio Grande Valley and around Alamo, Texas, but none is quite like Alamo Inn B&B, Gear, & Tours. Some reasons you should make a reservation with us include:
- We are a unique, hybrid business, offering the personal service of a B&B, the privacy of a hotel, with the quiet, comfort, and spaciousness of an apartment suite, at a price that is competitive with local hotels.
- At check-in we provide a birding map and directions to hot spots, list of the Lower Rio Grande Valley top hot spots by habitat and their contact information, list of good restaurants, birding check list, etc.
- Many of our suites are themed! For example, we have a Hummingbird suite, Edinburgh Victorian Scottish suite, Johnson Western Memorabilia suite, Pancho Villa Southwest suite, South African suite, and Garden suite.
- We cater to folks who enjoy reading, providing bookshelves of easy reading and eclectic books in every suite, along with filtered water, electric tea kettle, coffee maker, free WIFI, cable TV, en suite bathroom, choice of kitchenette or full kitchen, and choice of queen or king beds.
- Our facilities are available to all travelers who appreciate our style of accommodation, not just bird watchers!
- Our on premises birding and outdoor store offers an impressive selection of birding books on North America and also on international birding.
- We are dealers for several birding binocular and scope companies, and offer an interesting selection of birding related goods.
- There are great birds and butterflies surrounding us. On the north side of the town square is a park just across from our buildings, and the residential area immediately surrounding us to the south has many large trees, both providing good habitat. Consequently we have recorded over 180 bird species around the Inn, including many neo-tropical migrants, and in our garden at 101 S. 7th we have recorded over 100 butterfly species.
- Alamo Inn B&B, Gear, & Tours is world famous as a birder destination, and regularly hosts birders from 50 different states and over 30 different countries. At any time there are likely birders here from several states and other countries.
- Well known as a clean, safe, stable and friendly city, Alamo is a most welcoming place to stay.
- The City of Alamo is officially The Gateway to Santa Ana N.W.R. The most diverse of the 550 U.S. National Wildlife Refuges, Santa Ana N.W.R. is located only 7 miles (12 minutes drive) south of our Inn. It has more combined bird and butterfly species than any other U.S. N.W.R.
- Our central location in the Lower Rio Grande Valley, with over 540 bird species and 330 butterfly species (in our four counties) makes us the ideal base for birders.
- The L.R.G.V. birding maps offer some 100 birding hot spots. Our short list narrows it down to 32 top hot spots – over 50% (17) of these top hot spots are within a 30 minute drive of our Inn, and 85% are within a 50 minute drive.
- We provide birding guides if needed – please reserve well in advance.
- We offer quality birding tours of Texas and Arizona for three or more people, at attractive rates (advance booking is required). Tours include everything after we meet you at the airport until we return you to the airport. Itineraries can be customized to your interests.