About Alamo Inn B&B
Alamo Inn B&B, Gear, & Tours features a range of private suites located in Alamo, TX, in the center of the richest birding area in the United States. When you stay with us, you’ll feel like you have just stepped back in time.
The inn offers a clean, quiet, and romantic atmosphere and is the perfect spot for bird and butterfly watchers and those in need of a peaceful place to unwind while traveling. In addition to the B&B, we have an outdoor store at the same location, so you can gather any outdoor or birding supplies you need during your stay.
Fly With Us!
A Historic & Highly Recommended Place to Stay
Since we opened our doors in November of 1999, Keith Hackland and Audrey Jones’s hands-on management has made the Alamo Inn B&B one of the area’s most recommended bed and breakfasts. Our building at 801 Main Street (on the Alamo town square) dates back to 1919 when the City of Alamo was just getting established. Due to the building’s historic nature, our suites are smoke-free, and we have no elevator, though we do have some rooms available on the first floor.
Most of our beds are queen or king-size, with twin-size available upon request. For your peace of mind and safety, every one of our suites is fitted with one (or more) smoke detectors and one carbon monoxide detector.
Contact Us Today
The Garden Suites
Our garden suites at 101 S. 7th Place (on the Alamo town square) date back to the 1970s and are also all non-smoking. These suites have king or twin beds (a few are mixed), living rooms, bathrooms, and full kitchens. They are upstairs and on the ground floor, with comfortable garden furniture on the front porches, in two buildings facing each other across a flower garden dotted with bird baths.
We also have several rooms with twin or full beds for single travelers. View our availability here.
Alamo Outdoor Store
- Check-in is from 3:00 PM to 9:00 PM. Check-out is by 11:00 AM. Other arrangements must be made at least one day in advance.
- No pets or children. Exceptions may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- No smoking inside any of our facilities. A $250 clean-up fee is assessed for smoking inside.
- Smoking is permitted outside 50 feet away from entry doors.
- No candles may be lit inside due to the danger of fire.
- Payment is due at check-in. We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and cash.
- For stays of two weeks or less that must be canceled, please advise us at least three days prior to your arrival date. An administration charge of $25 will be applied.
- For stays longer than two weeks and for group bookings, we require 30 days cancelation notice, and an administrative charge of $25 will be applied.
- For cancelations made after the notice period, we shall do our best to rebook your suite. If we cannot rebook it, then we reserve the right to charge you for the nights reserved. We provide a confirmation email when you cancel, which records the cancelation date.
Reserve a Room